Mazes of The Mind

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Writing Reflection



Ideas and Content:
In my essay's my writing demonstrates appropriate idea's and Content, because I used relevant information an evidence that supports my ideas. And also my writing usually makes sense in flows. I also have a topic sentence that describes the topics that I am going to talk about in my paragraph. Usually I explained the quotations I used and I connect them back to the main idea of my essay. For example in my Alchemist essay when I was talking about how Santino dreams about staying more than leaving, I explained the relevancy of the quote and how it connected to the main topic of the paragraph: love. Also in my Julius Caesar essay when I explained how Brutus loves honor more than death, I first explained the meaning of the quote and how is characterized Brutus as a honorable man and and how it connects back to the main topic of my paragraph, honor. I could improve my writing by trying to connect my quotes and their significance back to the main idea of the essay.


Organization :

In my Julius Caesar essay, my organization was okay throughout the whole essay. I began with an hook, “It must be by his death; and for my part, I know no personal cause to spurn at him, but for the general.” and I also had clear thesis statement, In Julius Caesar Brutus is portrayed as a very noble man, and his honor and patriotism is what drove him to assassinate Caesar. My body paragraphs started with clear topic sentences and I mostly established the context before inserting a quotation. However I had a lot of run-on sentences and maybe introduced to many ideas in one paragraph. My conclusion was not very good, because I was rushed through it and I did not wrap things up clearly, In my alchemist essay, I did begin with an interesting quote that set the scene and my thesis statement was clear and strong ' All most all of my paragraphs began with clear topic sentences and I always establish the context before introducing a quotation. I believe that my conclusion was much stronger than my Julius Caesar essay.


Personal Growth:

I did not see much improvement in my essay, instead the quality of my writing decreased compared to my Alchemist essay. This could be because of the limited time we had and the pressure to finish in one class period may have rushed me. Also we were not able to draft our essay and get help from the teachers which is a big aspect since I improve most by drafting and re-drafting.


SLR:

The SLR I chose for my essays was reason critically because I had to reason critically and choose quotations that supported my idea's as well as being able to explain my quotes and connect them to the main idea. Also I had to reason critically and consider my time so i knew how much time i should spend on each paragraph in order to develop it fully and have enough time to finish my whole essay. Finally in my conclusion I was required to reason critically and decide whether the ends justified the mean.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home