Mazes of The Mind

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Journey of the Lost Boys



Thinking Creatively:
I think that one of the creative elements in my collage is my Gilo river because instead of making in blue, I used a brown fabric which showed it was a river of darkness and the stick figures and streaks of red show all the people who died while crossing the river. Another creative aspect of my collage is the red string which connects the lost boy journey. Because the sting is red, it shows all the blood and the loves that were lost during the lost boys journey and although they managed to go to America, all the loss and blood was still with them.

Reason Critically:
The images and text I used in my collage were chosen out carefully and put in places purposefully to show the flight of the lost boys as well at the problems they faced. For example some of the images I used were of fire and men with guns and I placed them at the beginning of my collage to show how it all began and the attack on the village. Also I used images that showed education and the US at the end of my collage to show the boys' flight to America and their new beginning. Some of the words I used were: lost, hope and change and i reasoned critically and placed them in places which matched the images, and the lost boy's journey.

Communicate Effectively:
My collage shows each of the different stages of the lost boys flight. I first start with the attack on their village by using images of fire and guns. Then the second part portrays there journey to Ethiopia and the troubles they faced as well all the people lost while crossing the Gilo river. The next section reflects the lost boys life at the Kenyan refugee camp and there lives as refugee's. The last portion of my collage shows the lost boys breaking free and having a new beginning in America as well as all the troubles they faced with jobs, money, and education, and also the success they managed to achieve.
Live Ethically:
My collage creates awareness by showing all the problems the lost boys had been through and their journey from the attack on their village to their long walk to Ethiopia, crossing the Gilo river, settling in Kenya, and migrating to America. This creates empathy because people get a look into lives of the lost boys and show compassion toward them. I also showed pictures of what the lost boys managed to achieve, such as the education they got, which shows people that what they do really does help the lost boys and does give them a better future, so they will be inspired to be compassionate and help.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home